Download this attorney-drafted, creative-approved testimonial release template to lock down those killer testimonials for your business.
Social proof is crucial to motivating your audience to buy -- so make sure that you have covered your legal bases and gotten the right permission to use someone's name, likeness or business name to promote YOUR stuff.
Within minutes, you can download this editable Word document, personalize to your business, and have it uploaded to a free e-sign service like Hellosign or Docusign, or integrated it into your client management system like Dubsado, 17 Hats, or Honeybook.
BAM -- you are ready to launch that killer sales page. Bring on the scrolling....
This template is perfect for:
- event planners
- Stop-motion photographer
- Graphic designer
- ANY photography or blurb that may be used in a commercial setting to promote ANYTHING (even a nonprofit) that identifies people (shots from behind all the people are probably fine -- but if you can tell who it is, or it personally identifies someone in promotion of your offering -- you need a release. )
- Perfect for your Bepoke-Artisan-firewood-stylist gig…. or literally any of the BAJILLION new job titles the Internet is facilitating every day.)
- all the legal language you need to use testimonials in your content
- how long you can use the testimonial
- disclaimer about results/average user experience
- PLUS all of the boring legal mumbo-jumbo that turns this into a real bonafide contract you can feel proud of putting YOUR business name on.
- Template in an editable Word .doc format with customizable fields/options
- 3-page instruction PDF on how to use the template and customize it to YOUR business
- License to use the template for your business purposes (you can send to an attorney, your models, or those you are doing business with, on your team and theirs).
Jurisdiction: This template adheres to the US principles of contract law and is designed for those doing business in the United States. While similar principles may apply in your jurisdiction, please consult with a local attorney. Please consult with a local attorney if you have any business-specific questions.
Disclaimer: The template includes instructions to customize the form for your particular business and creative needs. While this is an attorney-drafted document, the online landscape changes quickly and decisively and nothing in this transaction or document establishes an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about the contract terms and whether it fits your specific vision, operations or strategy -- please contact an attorney who practices in this area in your jurisdiction. This template is sold by Brittany Ratelle, LLC which is NOT a law firm and cannot offer you legal advice in applying this document to your particular fact situation. The information offered on CreativeContracts.co or BrittanyRatelle.com should be considered informational only and is NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
Authorized Use: This template is for your individual use only. You may reuse this form as many times as you need for your business transactions, or in multiple brands or businesses as long as it is owned and controlled by the same purchaser. Brittany Ratelle, LLC grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the template in your business or personal affairs. You can send it to whoever you are doing business with for their signature (including their support staff), and you can send it to an attorney to review or edit.
Prohibited Use: You may not license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or make this document available to a third party, other than the people listed above. You may not upload this document to a website, email it to someone, or otherwise share it outside of the terms of this agreement.
If you love my templates and want to help solve legal headaches for creatives -- sign up to be one of my affiliates! Details in footer.