DO NOT be afraid of the GDPR! But also don't rely on your hosting platform or web developer to CYA legally where you business baby is concerned. This is YOUR business -- make sure it is protected the way it should be!
Within one hour you will be ready to get your website completely legally legit!
- e-commerce sites
- online course instructors
- graphic designers
- other creative-service-based businesses
- event planners
- Etsy shop owners
- Anyone with a website! Even if you don't sell products or services from your website -- if you don't want visitors to 1)steal your content or 2) post trashy stuff -- then make that crystal clear!
- Rules for anyone visiting your site
- Guidelines about posting violent/offensive content
- Guidelines about posting content that infringes on copyright
- Minors/children use policy
- Your copyright/IP policy for your content
- Linking/attribution policy
- User account policy (need to include if visitors can create user accounts upon checkout)
- Affiliate/ad policy and disclosure
- Refund/exchange policy
- Dispute resolution policy
- PLUS all the legal hocus-pocus to make it legit!
- Template in an editable Word .doc format with customizable fields/options
- Video screenflow of creative attorney Brittany Ratelle walking you through the template
- .PDF of license, instructions, and our favorite hacks for customizing contract templates
- License to use the template for your business purposes (you can send to an attorney or those you are doing business with, on your team and theirs).
- If you are offering special licensing of your digital products or content, you will need some additional agreements/licensing contracts to cover yourself! But this agreement is still a good foundation for your WHOLE site.
Jurisdiction: This template adheres to the US principles of contract law and is designed for those doing business in the United States. While similar principles may apply in your jurisdiction, please consult with a local attorney.
Disclaimer: The template includes instructions to customize the form for your particular business and creative needs. While this is an attorney-drafted document, the online landscape changes quickly and decisively and nothing in this transaction or document establishes an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about the template and whether it fits your specific vision, operations or strategy -- please contact an attorney who practices in this area. Brittany Ratelle, LLC is NOT a law firm and cannot offer you legal advice in applying this document to your particular fact-situation. The information offered on CreativeContracts.co or BrittanyRatelle.com should be considered informational only and is NOT LEGAL ADVICE.