Independent Contractor Agreement
Get an attorney-drafted template for the independent contractor helping in your creative business. Need some help in running your business, but you're not ready to hire a “real” employee yet? This independent contractor Agreement will cover your bum so that you can do YOU. This template comes with highlighted fields so that you can customize the services you are hiring out -- including all of the legalese to make it legit in the eyes of a higher power, a judge, or Oprah (not necessarily in that order). Don’t let the logistics keep you from expanding your business and getting quality help for the stuff that is NOT in your zone of genius (Do you really want to learn Facebook ads? Liquid? PHP? Illustrator?)
Within 20 minutes you will be ready to dash this out to your team! You can upload it to a free e-sign service like Hellosign or Docusign, or can integrate it into your client software system like Dubsado, 17 Hats, or Honeybook.
Perfect for: Small Businesses who want to hire freelancers, event planners, graphic designers, virtual assistants (VAs), social media managers, fulfillment helpers, part-time assistants, stylist, SEO consultant, customer service help, photographer, vegan-dog-food-stop-motion-photographer or literally any of the BAJILLION new jobs the Internet is making up every day.)
- Independent contractor status statement
- payment details (including when and how much money will be paid out)
- intellectual property/content ownership
- deliverables you expect from the services
- how will revisions work and who approves them
- confidentiality clause so that what happens in your business STAYS in your business
- carefully non-competition/non-solicitation language so that your help stays as an independent contractor, but also can’t screw you over
- disclaimer and liability protection so that if things go wrong they don’t REALLY go wrong, contract kill-button clause
- PLUS all of the boring legal mumbo-jumbo that turns this into a real bonafide contract you can feel proud of putting your name on.
- Template in an editable Word .doc format with customizable fields/options
- Video screenflow of creative attorney Brittany Ratelle walking you through the template
- .PDF of license, instructions, and our favorite hacks for customizing contract templates
- License to use the template for your business purposes (you can send to an attorney or those you are doing business with, on your team and theirs).
- If you need a part-time or full-time employee (make sure that you aren’t misclassifying someone who is helping you as an independent contractor when she is really an employee. *HINT*: If you are controlling her hours, where she does the job, and providing the materials/supplies -- she is probably an employee!! Get thee to your accountant/payroll guru with HASTE!
- If YOU are the one providing services for clients -- we recommend our Client Service Agreement (launching soon!)