Event Liability Release and Media Waiver Template + Covid-19 update!
*WITH COVID-19 UPDATED LANGUAGE*
Are you hosting an in-person event and want to make it legally legit?
Download this event liability waiver/release template specifically drafted for modern creative entrepreneurs and be ready to get your amazing event locked down while covering all your ASSETS...okay??
Within minutes, you can download this editable Word document, personalize it to your business, and have it uploaded to a third-party waiver system or added as a clickwrap agreement in your event checkout process. (includes instructions for how to add to Eventbrite events!)
BAM -- you are ready for the BIG LEAGUES!!
This template is perfect for:
- Athletic/health and wellness events
- Religious events
- Entertainment events
- Or any other in-person events….
- the legal language you need to protect against unnecessary liability
- version with attendee input for smaller events where you want to collect some biographical information
- version for minors
- model release language so you can take photography/videography of event attendees and use it for your purposes
- space to include your own thoughtful return or cancellation policy
- language about intellectual property rights for your content/materials
- PLUS all of the boring legal mumbo-jumbo that turns this into a real bonafide contract you can feel proud of putting YOUR business and event name on.
- Template in an editable Word .doc format with customizable fields/options
- 3-page instruction PDF on how to use the template and customize it to YOUR business
- License to use the template for your business purposes (you can send to an attorney, make it available for your attendees, or those you are doing business with, on your team and theirs).
Not a good fit if:
- If your in-person activity is a high-risk or dangerous activity -- I suggest you work with an attorney (sky diving, trampoline park, ski resort, mimosa + free-climbing club...you get the picture!!!)
Jurisdiction: This template adheres to the US principles of contract law and is designed for those doing business in the United States. While similar principles may apply in your jurisdiction, please consult with a local attorney. Please consult with competent legal counsel if you have any fact-specific questions about how this document applies to your business.
Disclaimer: The template includes instructions to customize the form for your particular business and creative needs. While this is an attorney-drafted document, the online landscape changes quickly and decisively and nothing in this transaction or document establishes an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about the contract terms and whether it fits your specific vision, operations or strategy -- please contact an attorney who practices in this area in your jurisdiction. This template is sold by Brittany Ratelle, LLC which is NOT a law firm and cannot offer you legal advice in applying this document to your particular fact situation. The information offered on CreativeContracts.co or BrittanyRatelle.com should be considered informational only and is NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
Authorized Use: This template is for your individual use only. You may reuse this form as many times as you need for your business transactions, or in multiple brands or businesses as long as it is owned and controlled by the same purchaser. Brittany Ratelle LLC grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the template in your business or personal affairs. You can send it to whoever you are contracting with for their signature (including their support staff), and you can send it to an attorney to review or edit.
Prohibited Use: You may not license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or make this document available to a third party, other than the people listed above. You may not upload this document to a website, email it to someone, or otherwise share it publicly. You may not sell this document as a product, either on its own or with other materials. If you'd like to recommend others get a great agreement like this -- please consider joining my affiliate program. (link in footer).