Copyright Transfer Agreement
Copyright Transfer Agreement
This contract template is perfect for small companies, brands, and influencers who have gotten creative help from a service provider, partner, or freelancer and want to ensure that they USE that content in their business in whatever ways they want.
- eCommerce businesses
- service based businesses
- influencers & creators
- digital product businsses
- coaches, authors, and educators
- info-product businesses
- OR anyone else who has used SOMEONE else to create a creative work for your business
- social media posts
- Podcasts/audio clips
- live video or other live or story-format content campaigns
- Original Hand-lettered work
- Website copy
- Sales copy
- Blog articles
- Guest posts
- You only want part of the copyrights or “ bundle of sticks” transferred from the CREATOR to the COMPANY. If so -- use the Limited Rights Copyright Transfer.
- You still need to negotiate how much money will be paid for the content. This agreement is a simple release that assumes the Creator is fine with you having the rights. Ideally, you will have an independent contractor agreement or a client service agreement to cover copyright ownership + all the other legal details
What does a contract purchase include?
Contract template in an editable Word .doc format with customizable fields/options
Video screenflow of attorney Brittany Ratelle walking you through the contract template
.PDF instructions, and our favorite hacks for customizing contract templates
Single-user license to edit, use, and reuse the template for your business purposes
Where can I use this contract?
Jurisdiction: This template adheres to the U.S. principles of contract law and is designed for those doing business or governed by United States law. While similar principles may apply in your jurisdiction, please consult with a local attorney for any specific questions.
What are the term of use for this contract?
Authorized Use: This template includes a single-user license. You may reuse this form as many times as you need for your business transactions, or in multiple brands or businesses as long as it is owned and controlled by the same user/purchaser. Brittany Ratelle, LLC grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the template in your business or personal affairs. You can send it to whoever you are doing business with for their signature (including their support staff), and you can send it to an attorney to review or edit. If you love our templates and want to share them with a friend, group, or audience, please become an affiliate and help us get others legally legit!
Prohibited Use: You may not license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or make this document available to a third party, other than the people listed above. You may not upload this document to a website, email it to someone, or otherwise share it publicly. Thank you for respecting creators and copyright law.
How do I get people to sign a contract?
E-signature platforms we like: HelloSign, DocuSign, Jotforms,
CRM/project management system we like: Dubsado, 17 Hats, Honeybook, and Harlow
Simply upload your polished document to a software platform and insert smart fields to make e-signature an easy-peasy process!